Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tape library change

2004-11-28 00:02:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tape library change
From: tech2187 AT yahoo DOT com (K Chapman)
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 21:02:51 -0800 (PST)
wondering why you are moving from stk to adic...  stk
l700 can handle the lto[1|2|3] drives...

we evaled adic vs stk vs exabyte vs qualstar.  stk won
out.  weve had some of the older adic gear and didnt
like it (this was ollldddd gear, vls dlt stuff).  weve
had exabyte gear and they are almost bankrupt (support
is awful too).  atl libraries as well.  stk demo lib
we saw was the l700.  adic was pushing the 10k.  the
cost factor was a big deal even though adic was fair
with the 10k, its just that with capacity per slot
rates getting better for the end user as tape tech
gets better, we didnt need the ability to expand to
1000s of slots.  yer env is diff so, this experience
may have no value.

--- Eric Ljungblad <Eric.Ljungblad AT copleypress DOT com>

http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/storage/tape/3580/index.html

<http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/storage/tape/3580/index.html>

http://www.certance.com/products/lto-ultrium/lto3/CL1101-R

<http://www.certance.com/products/lto-ultrium/lto3/CL1101-R>

> Eric Ljungblad
> Computer Operator
> Copley Information Services
> Eric.Ljungblad AT copleypress DOT com
> <mailto:Eric.Ljungblad AT copleypress DOT com>
> (858) 729-8010

=====
aaarrrggghhh!!!!
FreeBSD rocks