Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] migration from NBU 4.5 to 5.0

2004-10-12 03:09:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] migration from NBU 4.5 to 5.0
From: song_1977 AT yahoo DOT com (Song)
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 00:09:32 -0700 (PDT)
--0-1592890614-1097564972=:42422

Hi all,

I am planning to upgrade my customer NBU master server from ver 4.5 to 5.0. I
will setup a new master server and perform migration of catalog database from
old 4.5 master server without changing backup policy. Anyone have the proper
procedure of doing this?

All the NBU clients without agent (unix and windows) will still using NBU4.5
after the migration, is there any compatibility issue (unix and windows)? The
NBU clients will only upgrade to ver 5.0 later....

Please advice.

Thanks.

-Song

Yahoo! Mail ? CNET Editors' Choice 2004.  Tell them what you think. a
--0-1592890614-1097564972=:42422

<DIV>Hi all,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I am planning to upgrade my customer NBU master server from ver 4.5 to
5.0. I will setup a new master server and perform migration of catalog database
from old 4.5 master server without changing backup policy. Anyone have the
proper procedure of doing this?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>All the NBU clients without agent (unix&nbsp;and windows) will still using
NBU4.5 after the migration, is there any compatibility issue (unix&nbsp;and
windows)? The NBU clients will only upgrade to ver 5.0 later....</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Please advice.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>-Song</DIV><p>

                <hr size=1>Do you Yahoo!?<br>
Yahoo! Mail ? CNET Editors' Choice 2004. <a
href="http://reviews.cnet.com/Yahoo_Mail/4852-9236_7-30980704.html?part=editchoice";>
 Tell them what you think. <a

--0-1592890614-1097564972=:42422--