Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] migration from NBU 4.5 to 5.0

2004-10-12 10:32:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] migration from NBU 4.5 to 5.0
From: juanino AT yahoo DOT com (Jerry)
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 07:32:20 -0700 (PDT)
I am testing this in my lab now.  I don't see any
problems (yet).  I setup a 4.5 server with linux,
solaris, windows, and windows with SQL clients.  I
upgraded the nbu master to 5.0 by running pkgrm on the
packages and then pkgadd (solaris).  It was smooth
with no obvious problems.

I finished test restores on my linux and solaris
clients, but not the windows clients yet.  The 4.5
clients do not seem to have any problems.  The 4.5
admin console even worked from a windows box (my
preference), although I'd guess it's probably not a
good idea to use it.

Jerry