Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] IBM Ultrium on Linux ES3.0

2004-09-17 11:21:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] IBM Ultrium on Linux ES3.0
From: nhruby AT uga DOT edu (nathan r. hruby)
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 11:21:29 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com wrote:

> Thanks, for the info.
>
> It's Qlogic QLA2432 cards through a Pathlight bridge to the LTO-1 drives in
> an ADIC scaler 10k.
>
> I was miffed that I couldn't address the drives successfully through the
> /dev/nstXX entries but I think I've seen the light.
>
> I've added persistent binding, we're rezoning to get the drive count below
> 32 (default linux max drive setting), and the volume manager install created
> the necessary links in /dev/st & /dev/sg that seem more useful than the
> other ones.

You can fix the scsi count sans-rezoning with the following in
/etc/modules.conf options scsi_mod max_scsi_luns=256

You may also want "scsi_allow_ghost_devices=1" as well to allow
non-sequential luns.

-n
nathan hruby <nhruby AT uga DOT edu>
uga enterprise information technology services
production systems support
metaphysically wrinkle-free