Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SSO with disk?

2004-04-27 19:34:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SSO with disk?
From: gary.andresen AT pnwdata DOT com (Gary Andresen)
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 16:34:15 -0700
Short answer no.

Disk storage units are disk storage (with a file system) directly attached
to a media server (granted the disks could be on a SAN) and would not be
shared. To keep your dup traffic off the net you would want to make sure
the disk STU and the tape are on the same media server.

Potentially you could use CFS from VERITAS where the media servers used a
cluster file system between them. However making the CFS cluster with the
media servers involved could be a somewhat interesting configuration
challenge :--).

Gary Andresen
Impossible Happens, Plan Ahead
Pacific Northwest Data Inc.