Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] unable to unfreeze media

2004-01-28 12:21:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] unable to unfreeze media
From: JETurner AT SSALLC DOT com (Turner, Eric)
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 12:21:18 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3E5C3.23E68060

Not really sure how I managed to get a couple of tape completely out of =
whack, but any advice would be helpful

I have a couple of tapes that are frozen that I would like to get back =
into circulation.

These tapes have no images on them, when running bpimmedia "no entity =
was found" is returned
When running bpmedialist : is shows an allocated date, 0 images, 0 =
vimages, no expiration, and status is frozen.
Then when attempting to unfreeze:  bpmedia -unfreeze - <mediaid> it =
returns "requested media id was not found in NB media database and/or MM =
volume database"

when running a vmquery on the media,   it does show an assigned date.

How in the world can I get the media out of the frozen state ???

Thanks,=20

Eric Turner

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3E5C3.23E68060

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
6.5.6944.0">
<TITLE>unable to unfreeze media</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Microsoft Sans Serif">Not really sure how I =
managed to get a couple of tape completely out of whack, but any advice =
would be helpful</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Microsoft Sans Serif">I have a couple of tapes =
that are frozen that I would like to get back into circulation.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Microsoft Sans Serif">These tapes have no =
images on them, when running bpimmedia &quot;no entity was found&quot; =
is returned</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Microsoft Sans Serif">When running =
bpmedialist : is shows an allocated date, 0 images, 0 vimages, no =
expiration, and status is frozen.</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Microsoft Sans Serif">Then when attempting to =
unfreeze:&nbsp; bpmedia -unfreeze - &lt;mediaid&gt; it returns =
&quot;requested media id was not found in NB media database and/or MM =
volume database&quot;</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Microsoft Sans Serif">when running a vmquery =
on the media,&nbsp;&nbsp; it does show an assigned date.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Microsoft Sans Serif">How in the world can I =
get the media out of the frozen state ???</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Microsoft Sans Serif">Thanks, </FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT COLOR=3D"#000080" SIZE=3D1 FACE=3D"Palatino Linotype">Eric =
Turner</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>