Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] HP Win2003 server with fiber attached Quantum SDLT320s (driver problem)

2004-01-14 07:31:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] HP Win2003 server with fiber attached Quantum SDLT320s (driver problem)
From: o.ivanov AT verizon DOT net (Oleg Ivanov)
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 7:31:51 -0500
Melinda,
one ?:
1)are the tape drive native fiber or connected to Fiber-to-SCSI bridge?
if your drive is native fiber, i would look into fabric switch or HBA card
setting. It look to me that your problems is negotiating the same protocol
between HBA and Fabric switch. I had a situation where one HBA was set to
arbitrated loop and another was set to Point-to-Point, and i was not getting
any connectivity, and yes, it was working on direct fiber cable connect.
hope it helps.
Oleg