Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] HP Win2003 server with fiber attached Quantum SDLT320s (driver problem)

2004-01-13 15:08:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] HP Win2003 server with fiber attached Quantum SDLT320s (driver problem)
From: morms AT es DOT com (morms AT es DOT com)
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 13:08:17 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3DA10.FBA8A83F

Is anyone running an HP server with fiber attached Quantum SDLT320
drives?  If so, what tape device driver are you using?

I have an HP ML370 with NC2101 HBAs running windows server 2003 standard
edition and DataCenter 4.5_fp5. =20
I have tried the built-in windows driver, the latest Veritas driver and
the latest Quantum driver.  I am getting timeouts on my HBAs(event 9)
and then Veritas reports media read errors with all the Quantum drives.
However,  I can access an HP drive using the HP tape device driver
across the same HBA & fiber connection with no problem. =20

If anyone has any ideas, I appreciate the input.
Thanks,
Melinda

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3DA10.FBA8A83F

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
6.0.6487.1">
<TITLE>HP Win2003 server with fiber attached Quantum SDLT320s (driver =
problem)</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Verdana">Is anyone running an HP server with =
fiber attached Quantum SDLT320 drives?&nbsp; If so, what tape device =
driver are you using?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Verdana">I have an HP ML370 with NC2101 HBAs =
running windows server 2003 standard edition and DataCenter =
4.5_fp5.&nbsp; </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Verdana">I have tried the built-in windows =
driver, the latest Veritas driver and the latest Quantum driver.&nbsp; I =
am getting timeouts on my HBAs(event 9) and then Veritas reports media =
read errors with all the Quantum drives.&nbsp; However,&nbsp; I can =
access an HP drive using the HP tape device driver across the same HBA =
&amp; fiber connection with no problem.&nbsp; </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Verdana">If anyone has any ideas, I appreciate =
the input.</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Verdana">Thanks,</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Verdana">Melinda</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C3DA10.FBA8A83F--