Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Driving LTO-2 Drives From Windows

2003-09-10 16:16:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Driving LTO-2 Drives From Windows
From: David_Cornely AT intuit DOT com (Cornely, David)
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 13:16:26 -0700
I'd say the more important thing to consider is Bus speed (and contention).
The I/O capabilities of a media server are the first consideration when
coming up with a design.  Make sure the bus can handle the speeds required,
especially if you're going to share the bus with other cards.

Also, keep in mind that Windows is notoriously bad with small files, on the
order of 4-6 times worse than Unix at handling them.  So if this is the

I would think a 4-way box with 2Ghz cpu's or better would do the job in
terms of horsepower.

-Dave