Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Driving LTO-2 Drives From Windows

2003-09-10 15:52:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Driving LTO-2 Drives From Windows
From: Fabbro.Andrew AT cnf DOT com (Fabbro, Andrew P)
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 12:52:10 -0700
We may have an environment where we'll be deploying LTO Gen-2 drives
attached to a Windows media server.  The data will be coming in over 2Gbps
SAN and I'm guessing 60MB/sec to write it out per drive (based on 30MB/sec
we get with Gen-1).  We're 2GBps at all points so there shouldn't be any
problems there...

...but I'm wondering what size Windows box I'll need to drive 240MB/sec?  Is
a 4-way enough?  8-way?  Anyone doing something like this?

--
 Drew Fabbro [fabbro.andrew AT cnf DOT com]
 Unix Systems Group