Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Error 219 with NetApp filer tape drive for NDMP backup

2003-08-16 08:28:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Error 219 with NetApp filer tape drive for NDMP backup
From: tmurnane AT martin.fl DOT us (Timothy Murnane)
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 08:28:32 -0400 (EDT)
Hello,

I upgraded my NetApp F820 filer ONTAP from 6.1.1R2 to 6.3.3 and now my
NDMP backups are failiing with an Error 219. I've been running the
"set_ndmp_attr" command with different switches and the -verfiy is failing
with an auth error. The Event Log also has some auth errors when I try to
UP the drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I found an article on the Veritas Knowledge Base referencing a Removable
Storage service that should be disabled, but that's not the fix.

Thanks,

Tim

Timothy F. Murnane, Sys. Admin.        e-mail: tmurnane AT martin.fl DOT us
Martin County BOCC, IT Services        voice: (772) 223-7946
2401 S.E. Monterey Road                fax: (772) 221-1372
Stuart, FL  34996

--
The comments and opinions expressed herein are those of the author of
this message and may not reflect the policies of the Martin County