Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Writing files to tape in WINDOWS...

2003-06-05 14:31:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Writing files to tape in WINDOWS...
From: trosamond AT uslec DOT com (Rosamond, Travis)
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 14:31:55 -0400
Okay  this is directed to you windows folks...

I have been handed the project of backing up the LAN.

My env is NBU 4.5 M4 Solaris 8 to a L700 Lib...

I can do the backups and they work. The LAN group has informed me that they
want the files/servers to be able to write to multiple tapes at the same
time....

Example:

Server A: & B: Win2k

files are D:\ and F:\ as well as E:\

I set up the multi streams but it is only writing to one drive..

The LAN group want it to run so that D:\ get 2 drives and so on...

Please help because I do not do Windows...

Thanks...

Travis

Travis W. Rosamond

<http://powersystems.net/tr9691>