Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Seagate LTO Drives/Fuji Tapes

2003-05-29 12:54:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Seagate LTO Drives/Fuji Tapes
From: charles.somogyi AT bms DOT com (Charles R Somogyi)
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 12:54:44 -0400
Hello All:

We have installed a 3.4 DC Master (SUN V880 and L700 w/ 20
Seagate LTO Gen1 drives using Fuji tapes). We have had excessive
amounts of mangled tapes, stuck tapes and tape pins that are
offset. We are at a recent drive firmware level but still
experience these problems. We have never observed this amount of
these problems with the DLT7000/8000 technology. Is anyone else
having tape problems such as this? Is it tuning? Tape
manufacturer? Drive Manufacturer?
Any ideas? I know the manufacturers will just point the blame on
one another.

Thanks in advance.

Charlie Somogyi
Princeton, NJ