Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restore SQL from SAN to a server

2003-02-26 15:22:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restore SQL from SAN to a server
From: Derek.Augustine AT stclair DOT org (Derek Augustine)
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 15:22:46 -0500
I've run into a problem, hopefully someone can help.

Our NBU environment is Datacenter 4.5 on Windows 2000.

We have a new SQL system and the data is stored on drive E: which is a
virtual drive on our SAN.  There are apps on the c: partition on the
server as well.  Management tasked me with restoring the system "in
tact".  The problem I have is that I don't have room on the SAN to
recreate the environment.  I do have a single server, created a second
partition naming it E:, but have had no luck getting the SQL to work in
this environment.  In the beginning the SQL bombs returning an error
"The ordinal 29 would not be located in dll: odbcbcp.dll"  I re-copy the
odbcbcp.dll into the Winnt\system32 directory and reregister it,
eliminating this error.  The SQL service still will not start, erroring
out with a connection error.  I have also tried deinstalling and
reinstalling SQL.  Does anyone have any experience or suggestions?

Thanks,

Derek Augustine