Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restore SQL from SAN to a server

2003-02-26 16:27:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restore SQL from SAN to a server
From: joe AT joe DOT net (Johnny Oestergaard)
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 22:27:59 +0100
I don't think your problem is regarding SAN or not SAN.

I remember that I once had to restore a SQL database from one drive to
another and there is some speciel options on the restore.
I don't remember what options it is, but it has something to do with moving
the databases.

My restore was done using NBU 4.5 also on Win2K, but the agent was on a NT4
server running SQL 6.5

What we did was just install a new server with NT4 and SQL 6.5 from the
bottom up and then restore the SQL database.
We had to move the databases to different drives because the new server was
on our SAN and our standard server setup regarding drive letters are
different now then if was when the original server went into production.

/johnny