Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Question on include/exclude and 2000 directives

2003-02-03 14:45:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Question on include/exclude and 2000 directives
From: paulg AT CDCNA DOT COM (Paul Gimpelev)
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 14:45:14 -0500
Here is the situation:
        1)I have a policy with mixed Windows NT and Win2K servers
        2)Policy has the ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES directive
        3)Each client has it's own include/exclude list.  Generally, the
clients exclude everything since exclude gets processed first and then include
directories they need.

So I have 2 questions:
        1)Since ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES directive includes SYSTEM_STATE directive,
will it back up the system state if I exclude C:\ drive on the client?  I ran a
test backup and it looks like it has the entry for SYSTEM_STATE in the restore
window, but I am not sure it has all the information requred.  Is anyone else
running the same config?

        2)Can the SYSTEM_STATE directive be used in the include/exclude windows
on the MS client?

Thanks,

paulg