Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restoring through the firewall

2003-02-03 15:34:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restoring through the firewall
From: Dale_Kramer AT steris DOT com (Kramer, Dale)
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 15:34:49 -0500
All,
Solaris 8
NetBackup 4.5
Restores to a system in the internal DMZ were failing.  Tracked it down to the
media server contacting the client using the NAT'd address and the client seems
to be responding and passing the internal DMZ address to the media server.  The
next packets are dropped because the media server is trying to restore the data
using the internal DMZ address and the firewall won't allow that.  So I get a
message in the restore log that says it's restoring and then lists all the
files as not restored.  And that's the best explanation I can give because I
don't do security.  Has anybody run into this and what was done to solve this
problem.  By the way, backups work fine.

thanx,
dale

Dale P. Kramer
Senior Systems Administrator
STERIS Corporation
5960 Heisley Rd.
Mentor, OH 44060
440-392-7082

When you are standing on the edge of a cliff, a step forward is not progress.