Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Reference Material for using the NB CLI

2002-10-22 09:46:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Reference Material for using the NB CLI
From: Jason.Ahrens AT telus DOT com (Jason Ahrens)
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 07:46:36 -0600
I wouldn't call myself a guru with the CLI, I would say I'm rather advanced
at this point. I can do most things with it (up/down components,
troubleshoot tape media, find images, duplicates, start backups, etc...). I
learnt mostly from trial and error (it is hard to actually break anything
from the CLI unless you're really trying) combined with the man pages and/or
documentation in the SysAdmins guides (which is mostly a rehash of man
pages). Combined with some tech notes from Veritas as needed (formats of
some of the outputs).

For the things I don't know CLI commands for, often the text base menuing
systems stand in quite well. (bp, bpadm, etc...)

Jason

--
Jason Ahrens, Hosting Analyst
TELUS Enterprise Solutions