Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP Question

2002-09-19 09:20:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP Question
From: GRABBEB AT dominos DOT com (Bob Grabbe)
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 09:20:52 -0400
Having just recieved and starting to implement a Netapp Filer in our
environment, I find out that it was approved without anyone upstairs
thinking through the whole backup question.
What I need to find out is whether I can run an ndmp backup from our
Netapp filer to Netbackup 4.5, Solaris 8 to an ndmp client running on
either a Windows 2000 server or to any other unix flavor. I.E., if I
have ndmp backup tapes, is there any way to recover the data from the
tapes without having a Netapp filer in the picture ?
Any and all responses would be appreciated, the more information I can
give the pointy-hair guys upstairs, the better.
Thanks

Bob Grabbe
Dominos Pizza LLC
734-930-3703