Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Memory allocation - Solaris 8

2002-09-16 10:53:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Memory allocation - Solaris 8
From: andyskates AT iname DOT com (Andy Skates)
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 09:53:49 -0500
Being fairly new to Solaris (version 8), can someone answer a question
for me?

I have a NBU 4.5 Media Server (running on a Solaris 8 server). I want to change
SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS to 262144 and NUMBER_DATA_BUFFERS to 32, to see if this
improves performance.

This server has 3Gb of memory.

I seem to remember someone saying that they is a configuration file within
Solaris which states how much memory etc an application can use.

If so, where is it, and what do I have to do to it to allow NBU to use as much
memory as it requires?

Thanks,

Andy Skates

andyskates AT iname DOT com