Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetWare & Error 71

2002-09-03 12:25:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetWare & Error 71
From: Ryan.Anderson AT udlp DOT com (Ryan Anderson)
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 11:25:55 -0500
Add an extra zero to a couple values in the BP.INI file:

List_Files_Timeout
Clear_Archive_Bit_Incr_Wait

This has solved it for us.

RCA

--
Ryan C. Anderson
Unix Administrator

>>> <JLaurie AT csu DOT org> 09/03/02 10:04AM >>>
Just recently I've begun testing non-target NetWare backups. Last
Sunday,
I got successful full backups of a NetWare server (both NetWare File
System & Novell Directory). This weekend, however, the backup failed
with
an error Status Code: 71. Checking the error logs I also noticed that I

got a "unable to connect to service, scheduled access not specified"
message. I checked the Troubleshooting Guide and found that the
additional
error could be expected when using the target'd backup. As noted above
I'm
doing non-target'd backups and I ensured that, indeed, the class type
was
"NetWare" and the files list contained only a slash (/).
Does anyone have experience with NetWare backups? Is there anything I'm

missing? I'm starting to look bad in the eyes of the NetWare group...I

promised that I could improve backup performance and increase
reliability
vs ArcServe.