Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetWare & Error 71

2002-09-03 11:04:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetWare & Error 71
From: JLaurie AT csu DOT org (JLaurie AT csu DOT org)
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 09:04:05 -0600
--=_alternative 0052F85E87256C29_=

Just recently I've begun testing non-target NetWare backups. Last Sunday,
I got successful full backups of a NetWare server (both NetWare File
System & Novell Directory). This weekend, however, the backup failed with
an error Status Code: 71. Checking the error logs I also noticed that I
got a "unable to connect to service, scheduled access not specified"
message. I checked the Troubleshooting Guide and found that the additional
error could be expected when using the target'd backup. As noted above I'm
doing non-target'd backups and I ensured that, indeed, the class type was
"NetWare" and the files list contained only a slash (/).
Does anyone have experience with NetWare backups? Is there anything I'm
missing? I'm starting to look bad in the eyes of the NetWare group...I
promised that I could improve backup performance and increase reliability
vs ArcServe.
--=_alternative 0052F85E87256C29_=

NetWare backups. Last Sunday, I got successful full backups of a NetWare server
(both NetWare File System &amp; Novell Directory). This weekend, however, the
backup failed with an error Status Code: 71. Checking the error logs I also
noticed that I got a &quot;unable to connect to service, scheduled access not
specified&quot; message. I checked the Troubleshooting Guide and found that the
additional error could be expected when using the target'd backup. As noted
above I'm doing non-target'd backups and I ensured that, indeed, the class type
was &quot;NetWare&quot; and the files list contained only a slash (/).</font>
backups? Is there anything I'm missing? I'm starting to look bad in the eyes of
the NetWare group...I promised that I could improve backup performance and
increase reliability vs ArcServe.</font>
--=_alternative 0052F85E87256C29_=--