Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Importing NB images to another server

2002-08-19 10:30:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Importing NB images to another server
From: dbosen AT aglresources DOT com (David Bosen)
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 10:30:22 -0400
I have seen the procedure for importing NetBackup images onto another server.
Has anyone tried this and if so, are there any tricks/tips not covered in the
admin guide? We are using NB 3.4.

Also, is it possible to do this procedure on a machine that has only one DLT
tape drive, even when the backups were written using a L3500 tape library?

My company is looking to do a DR test and we are trying to account for any type
of scenario, including loss of the media library. We have a number of machines
that have a single SCSI attached DLT drive and need to know if we can do a
complete import on that setup.

Thanks,

Dave Bosen