Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Problem with Netware Restore

2002-07-18 16:42:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Problem with Netware Restore
From: GRABBEB AT dominos DOT com (Bob Grabbe)
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 16:42:30 -0400
More info:
1. Are you running the restore from the master server, or running it
from the client on the nw server ?
2. It kind of sounds like you are trying to restore files to a
different location than they were backed up from. (This works, but if
doing it from the client side, is harder to get to work.) Is this the
case ?
3. Where are you seeing the enclosed messages ?
4. What version of Netbackup, and what version of Netware ?

Usually, on the client, the path is sys:openv\netback\.... the messages
you get referring to /usr/openvnetbackup on the client sound a little
strange.  Can you post also some more information about the backup
policy ?
It may take a day or so before I respond again, I'm not sure I'm going
to be in the office tomorrow.

Bob Grabbe
Dominos Pizza LLC
734-930-3703
Fax 734-669-3703
grabbeb AT dominos DOT com

>>> "Snodgrass, John" <John.Snodgrass AT icn.siemens DOT com> 7/18/02 4:09:45
PM >>>
All,

Anyone have any idea what this error means?

07/17/2002 14:26:20 lmbk01 compwr  Couldn't open
                    /usr/openv/netbackup/.rename.17520 on client
compwr,
                    status: 1
07/17/2002 14:26:20 lmbk01 compwr  cannot put rename file on compwr
07/17/2002 14:54:21 lmbk01 compwr  Couldn't open
                    /usr/openv/netbackup/.rename.17817 on client
compwr,
                    status: 1
07/17/2002 14:54:21 lmbk01 compwr  cannot put rename file on compwr

We are trying to do a restore to a Netware system (compwr).  The
Netbackup
master is a Sun Solaris 2.7 (lmbk01).  I personally know very little
about
Netware, nor do I have admin rights on these systems, so please be
patient
with me so I can work with the Netware server admin.  To the best of
my
knowledge, this is the only error we are getting, other then knowing
the
restore is not happening.