Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog Backup Problem

2002-05-18 14:24:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog Backup Problem
From: jnardello AT yahoo DOT com (John Nardello)
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 11:24:18 -0700 (PDT)
The file /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/DBBACKUP_CALLED will
also always contain the status of any DB Catalog
backups you've run. I found it handy to setup a script
to email the file to myself daily and then delete it.
NB will recreate it the next time it backups up the
Catalog.

It doesn't have any detailed info in it, but it's a
good one-line summary of whether your Catalog backup
worked or not, and when.

As long as it tells you it worked, you're good to go.

John Nardello
UNIX System Administrator For-Hire