Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup doesn't get queued

2002-03-05 23:01:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup doesn't get queued
From: vathsan AT wipro.co DOT in (Srivathsan Ananthachari (OCS-MDSRO-CSV))
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 09:31:01 +0530
        Hi ,

I'm running NBU 3.4 Datacenter on an ultra 10 ( master and media server ) .

The setup was working fine for almost 2 months , wherein a StorEdge L9 was
used for scheduled backups as a standalone drive .

For the past few days the backup failed with status code 196 .

U/stand that the error code 196 is because of backup windows being small (
whereas the same was wkg fine for the past 2 months ) . Even after
increasing the backup window the status remains the same .

The class used for taking backup is scheduled to take backups of 13 NT
clients and one Win2k client .

I was able to sort the issue and kick a manul backup after removing one of
the win nt client which was not accessible to the server ( tried a ping to
test reachability ) .

As per my understanding the backups should have continued skipping the
client that was not accessible . Any reasons for this odd behaviour ??

Also sometimes even during manual backups of the same class ( when i had the
spurious client entry in the class ) the activity monitor doesn't show the
jobs getting queued even . whereas at other times if the job gets queued and
i try to delete them it throws an error with status code 209 .

I understand that the status code 209 corresponds to lack of system
resources but the machine doesn't hang during this period and also the same
setup was wkg fine for almost 2 months without any problems .

Any clues ??

Thanks
Srivathsan A

        Disclaimer

                Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to
Wipro Limited is 'privileged' and 'confidential' and intended for use only
by the individual or entity to which it is addressed. You are notified that
any use, copying or dissemination of the information contained in the E-MAIL
in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.