Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] monitoring drive status

2002-01-23 10:20:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] monitoring drive status
From: David A. Chapa" <david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 07:20:42 -0800 (PST)
Dave:

Check out my website, I have written a drive watch
script that does just that.

I've also updated it quite a bit to support SSO, that
one hasn't made it to the site yet...but if you'd like
that one too let me know.

http://www.xbpadm-commands.com

I'm also working on a utility that reports on the
actual drive performance, not just what NBU
reports...this isn't done just yet.

David

Quoting Dave Brown <dbrown AT gfs DOT com>:

> Does anyone have any ideas or pointers for getting
alerts if their drives
> go off line?   I would like to put in a simple job
that will kick off a
> message to a pager/cell phone if one or more of the
9840 tape drives in the
> 9740 library unit goes off line.
>
> Ideally, I'd like a script in place that will see a
drive is down, attempt
> to get it back online, and then alert the on call
personnel if the online
> attempt was unsuccessful.
> Is there a tool out there that does this in the 3.2
NB software already?  I
> haven't found anything yet if there is.
>
> Thanks
>
> Respectfully Submitted,
>
> Dave Brown
> Open Systems Administrator
> phone:  616-381-2297
> pager:   1-888-614-6762
> email:    dbrown AT gfs DOT com

bu

David A. Chapa
Consulting Manager
DataStaff, Inc.
847 413 1144
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting