Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] monitoring drive status

2002-01-23 09:53:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] monitoring drive status
From: dbrown AT gfs DOT com (Dave Brown)
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 09:53:17 -0500
Does anyone have any ideas or pointers for getting alerts if their drives go
off line?   I would like to put in a simple job that will kick off a message to
a pager/cell phone if one or more of the 9840 tape drives in the 9740 library
unit goes off line.

Ideally, I'd like a script in place that will see a drive is down, attempt to
get it back online, and then alert the on call personnel if the online attempt
was unsuccessful.
Is there a tool out there that does this in the 3.2 NB software already?  I
haven't found anything yet if there is.

Thanks

Respectfully Submitted,

Dave Brown