Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 3.4 and SuperDLT drives.

2002-01-15 17:04:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 3.4 and SuperDLT drives.
From: dcaddell AT intersil DOT com (Caddell, Scott)
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 17:04:01 -0500
You need Firmware rev 35 on the drives...it made all the difference for
us.  It also would help to apply patch NBU_341_2 which provides Veritas
support of SDLT.

AS far as finding out what rev you are currently at...depends on your
library.  Our ATL P3000 has a touch screen which will show the rev on
each drive.  Some libraries will report in hex and I believe the correct
version in hex is 2525.

You might also want to check the status of your tapes.  Before we
upgraded, we froze a lot of our SDLT tapes.

Scott
Intersil Corporation
Palm Bay, FL