Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 3.4 and SuperDLT drives.

2002-01-15 18:30:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 3.4 and SuperDLT drives.
From: Esales AT ea DOT com (Sales, Eric)
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 15:30:01 -0800
Looks like several people have run into these issues.
A little more detail:  The ATL unit is a P7000 and connected Point-to-Point
across fiber.
The panel shows the firmware at 3535, dunno if that means v35, on all our
drives (according to our cage guy).
We don't get the error all the time, but almost always when doing multiple
channel RMAN backups since it involves more drives (at least one channel
will fail).

According to our rep, Veritas has not certified v36 for the SuperDLT drives
and thats why its not recommended.  The latest is v38 and v40 is on the
horizon, but they mostly deal with backward compatibility with tape types
(haven't seen the docs on it yet).
ATL suggests it is an error due to not having enough throughput to the
drives (not sure how much i believe that).

I'll post an update after we upgrade,
~Eric Sales