Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NB DB backup and regular backups question

2002-01-14 10:34:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NB DB backup and regular backups question
From: larry.kingery AT veritas DOT com (Larry Kingery)
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 10:34:24 -0500 (EST)
I would never exclude these paths from regular backup.

What would you do if part of your catalog was damaged, but you didn't
notice for a few days?  Having regular backups gives a much better
chance at being able to restore part of the catalog, or at least
quickly identify the tapes you're going to need to scan.

Given the design of the "catalog", it's definitely not useless to backup
to tape during a session.  This is not a replacement for the special
catalog backup, but valuable additional protection.