Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] When do -you- say tape is bad?

2002-01-14 10:33:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] When do -you- say tape is bad?
From: bhhorn AT creighton DOT edu (Brian Horn)
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 09:33:52 -0600
Curious as to what troubleshooting steps and/or indicators everyone else
uses to say that a DLT tape has gone bad. Other than N+1 read/write
errors reported on the media, is there anything else one should be
looking for?  We have DLT tapes that we suspect are bad (all other DLT
tapes seem to work fine, so we suspect tape instead of drive) but these
tapes work very very slowly whenever mounted.  We don't always get the
N+1 read/write errors to back up our suspicion of bad tape.
--
The wisest mind has something yet to learn.
George Santayana