Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup licensing question

2001-11-30 11:43:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup licensing question
From: Jeffrey_Dykzeul AT West.Raytheon DOT com (Jeffrey Dykzeul)
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 08:43:05 -0800
I'm new to NetBackup and have not taken any courses yet, but I'd like to
get some familiarity with licensing
issues.:

- Are client licenses installed on clients or are they checked out from a
server?
- Can client licenses be purchased in single increments or are they sold in
groups?
- Is the price of a client license dependent at all on the client hardware
type/size?
- Does this mailing list have an associated NetBackup FAQ which addresses
licensing issues?
  I did find some licensing answers in the NetBackup FAQ at
backupcentral.com, but it does not answer
  these questions.

Any relevant information is appreciated.

jd