Veritas-bu

[veritas-bu] Robtest

2001-10-24 17:43:11
Subject: [veritas-bu] Robtest
From: Steve.White AT PacifiCorp DOT com (White, Steve)
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 14:43:11 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C15CD4.E0D8EEE0

Here's a fun one.  This is a NBU Datacenter 3.4 environment.

I have an STK 9710 with 10 DLT7000 drives which has the robotic control
attached to our master server along with three dives.  Then we have a media
server attached to the other 7 drives.  The "robtest" utility works fine on
the master server that has the robotic control path.  Problem is, it can't
manage the 7 drives attached to the other host thus if I try to move a tape
into or out of the drives attached to the media server I get an error.  So
you say "try to run robtest on the media server" Well I tried that, but it
doesn't know the robotic control path.

Has anyone found a way to work around this?

Thanks!!

Steve White

------_=_NextPart_001_01C15CD4.E0D8EEE0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>[veritas-bu] Robtest</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Here's a fun one.&nbsp; This is a NBU =
Datacenter 3.4 environment.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I have an STK 9710 with 10 DLT7000 =
drives which has the robotic control attached to our master server =
along with three dives.&nbsp; Then we have a media server attached to =
the other 7 drives.&nbsp; The &quot;robtest&quot; utility works fine on =
the master server that has the robotic control path.&nbsp; Problem is, =
it can't manage the 7 drives attached to the other host thus if I try =
to move a tape into or out of the drives attached to the media server I =
get an error.&nbsp; So you say &quot;try to run robtest on the media =
server&quot; Well I tried that, but it doesn't know the robotic control =
path.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Has anyone found a way to work around =
this?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Thanks!!</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Steve White</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

</BODY>
</HTML>