Veritas-bu

[veritas-bu] Robtest

2001-10-25 00:30:59
Subject: [veritas-bu] Robtest
From: tallen201 AT hotmail DOT com (Tim Allen)
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 00:30:59 -0400
Hello.

It can work on the media server.  You need to tell the media server the
robotic control path.  I do find it strange that you can't manage the media
server's tapes at all from the master though.

I use a similar set up.  A master(solaris 2.6) and media(solaris 2.6) server
attached to a SUN L11000.  Two drives are controled by the master and 6
drives are controled by the media.  The robot is contorled by the master.  I
can move tapes to and from masters drives easily.  I can move tapes from the
slot to the drives under the media servers control easily.

The difference is I need to unload the media servers drives from the media
server and then move the tapes with the master server.

Hope this helps.
Tim