Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] expired a lot of images.Still running out of tapes.Anyone knows whatcould be wrong ??

2001-10-10 05:33:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] expired a lot of images.Still running out of tapes.Anyone knows whatcould be wrong ??
From: cej AT ti DOT com (christian e)
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 11:33:16 +0200
Larry Kingery wrote:

> A tape which is full is not reusable until all of the data on it is
> expired.  Chances are you've expired parts of tapes, but there's still
> valid images from other clients on the same tapes, so they can not
> yet be reused.

With the help of a colleague I found the option to allow multiple
retension periods pr. media.As pr default that is not allowed so after I
changed most of my retension periods that space would only be used for
backups with the old retension...It was in the master-server properties
-> media section..

best regards

Christian