Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] expired a lot of images.Still running out of tapes.Anyone knows what could be wrong ??

2001-10-09 06:30:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] expired a lot of images.Still running out of tapes.Anyone knows what could be wrong ??
From: cej AT ti DOT com (christian e)
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 12:30:43 +0200
Hi,all

We recently changed a lot of our policies and I began to expire
backups.Somehow all that work did not have the effect I wanted as I
still have to insert blank tapes to make backups.Could I be missing
something basic here ? Here's what I did:

* got a list of images for a client:

        bpimagelist -idonly -client server1 -d 04/05/2001 -e 10/04/2001

then I pulled only the backup_id from that:

        bpimagelist -idonly -client server1 -d 04/05/2001 -e 10/04/2001 | awk
'{print $5}' > idlist.txt

* then I forced those ids to be expired :

        for id in $(cat idlist.txt)
        do
        bpexpdate -backupid $id -d 0 -force
        echo $id expired
        done

I repeated this for a lot of machines ,but still it seems as if there's
not more free space on tapes than before..I really can't figure this
out..Can someone help me out here ??

running netbackup datacenter 3.4 on win2k.

best regards

Christian