Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup 3.4 & Control M Scheduler

2001-09-27 14:24:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 3.4 & Control M Scheduler
From: Peter.McFarlane AT capitalone DOT com (McFarlane, Peter)
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 14:24:00 -0400
     I've written a script that takes the class, client and schedule name
     as three parameters, and the calls bpbackup. Control-M calls this,
     with the appropriate parameters for each job (I know nothing about
     Control-M - I just fill in a form to request the jobs be set up).

     In fact it's pretty much the same as with any scheduling tool - I
     tested everything with cron before using Control-M. I've also got a
     script to do catalogue backups (using bpbackupdb and bpsyncinfo) and
     this is scheduled using Control-M.

     As for class configuration, set up the schedules with blank time
     fields. This way the backup only starts when manually initiated (by
     the Control-M job). You still need the schedules to set up things like
     retention periods, and whether to run full or incremental backups.

     Peter McFarlane