Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] socket error with bpduplicate

2001-09-17 08:16:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] socket error with bpduplicate
From: bradka AT vub DOT cz (Bradka František)
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 14:16:11 +0200
Hi all friends.

I think, that it is problem, that you haven't to set of the output

pool for your clone. I am using for clonning of the backups the command.
E.g. for
the class produ-Oracle-exports :

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpduplicate -dp Klony_infinite -st FULL
-dstunit AIT-2 -client produ
-class produ-Oracle-exports -hoursago 24 -L
/NTBKP/openv/netbackup/logs/CloneLogs.log

where -dp is name of the target pool, -dstunit is name of the target backup
pool,
-hoursago is number hours from this clone time, etc.

If the target media is crowded, I get NetBackup error code (24) too. From
this follows, that
you have probably badly a set of the media pool or using tape is not useable
for a clone creating.
You would to see mounting media in the NetBackup's Device Manager during
backup process I think.
Some information could be written in the AllLogsEntries too.

Best regards

Frantisek

Franti¹ek Bradka
Administrator Oracle Database