Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to configur the include and the exclude file in Netwar 5.x?

2001-07-19 16:14:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to configur the include and the exclude file in Netwar 5.x?
From: dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com (Dennis Dwyer)
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 16:14:02 -0400
I'm using NBU 3.2GA to backup NetWare 4.11 clients (target version) so I can
tell you what I have to do. I can't attest if this same procedure works in NBU
3.4 with NetWare 3.x clients. I know it won't work for the Novell non-target
implementations.

At the NetWare console

load bp.nlm

Select Target Configuration (t)
Select Selection List Configuration (s)
Select Add List (a)

Select the type of exclude/include list you want to build (TSA, directory, file
etc;)
Start adding your TSA/directory/file mask

Be sure the directory/file masks are in the form of vol:\level1\level2\level3

That's about all I know. I'm not a NetWare guy by any stretch of the
imagination and I've only learned my way around in there out of necessity. Hope
this info was helpful.

If you have access to the Veritas NetBackup for Novell NetWare Target version
User's Guide it goes into greater detail on this. There's also a pub for the
non-target version but I've never looked at it since I don't implement
non-target versions.

Regards,
Dennis

Quote: "Time is not a test of the truth"
Translation: Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't make it right

Dennis F. Dwyer
Enterprise Storage Manager
Tampa Electric Company

(813) 225-5181  - Voice
(813) 275-3599  - FAX

Visit our corporate website at www.tecoenergy.com

>>> "ADAM" <adamlapizza AT hotmail DOT com> 07/19/01 03:26PM >>>
Hi all,

Does anyone know  how to configure Netware clients (3.2 or 3.4) to exclude and
include file/dir from backup. and how to configure the bp.ini. and what are the
recommended patches for NetWare clients?

Eh, one more thing the OTM is issue in NetWare 5.x, how to configure that too?

Master=solaris 2.6
NBU=3.4

Thanks for you help.

Adam