Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Win NT/2000 nbu admin client

2001-06-25 11:58:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Win NT/2000 nbu admin client
From: ROBERT_JOHANNES AT udlp DOT com (Robert Johannes)
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 10:58:03 -0500
Dear fellas,
I've just started the process of learning (and managing) netbackup at
our site, so please forgive me if my questions don't make sense.  I'm
trying to decide which to do;  either install the native gui for NT/2000
or install the java gui?  I've operators that need to have access to
Media Management, User Backup and Restore, and potentially Backup
Management.  I hear that it is easy to control who can run what using
the java gui, because you can create a control structure in the
auth.conf file.  Can you do the same thing with the native gui?  For
example, can I give ordinary users the ability to do Media management,
Backup and Restores, but not activity monitor or device management with
the native gui?  And how do I get past the need to be systems
administrator in win NT/2000 in order to even run the native gui?

Thanks
robert