Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Sun L700 open door

2001-06-19 08:35:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Sun L700 open door
From: ll AT bellglobal DOT com (Luc Lamer)
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 08:35:51 -0400
Good Day,

I have a list of tapes (more than 20) to eject from a Sun L700 library
and I want to do it automatically.  After the 20 have been moved to
the cap slots (cap is filled), it should pause, the operator should
open, eject the tapes, close the door and the next 20  tapes should
be moved to the mail cap for ejection.  The problem I have is that
when the door is opened, the command,

"echo "s i" | /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tldtest -r /dev/sg/c2t0l2 | grep "full = 0"
| wc -l"

tells me that the cap is empty (output is 20) when it is not.

What I would like is a command that I could use to test if the door to the
L700 is open or not.

Does anyone know of such a command?

Thank you.

Luc Lamer