Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Can you transfer images from one server to another?

2001-05-31 16:46:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Can you transfer images from one server to another?
From: ravi.channavajhala AT csfb DOT com (Ravi Channavajhala)
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 16:46:16 -0400 (EDT)
This is what I think is required

Try this with one tape and see if it works,

Move the mediaDB
bpmedia -movedb -ev <MediaID> -newserver <server> -oldserver <server>

Set the image ownership to newserver
bpimage -newserver <server> -oldserver <server>

Move the mediaID residence, depends on what your volDB host is.
vmchange -M <master> -h <device_host> -res -m ${MEDIA} -mt dlt -rt
tld -rn 1 -rh <robot_host> -v <volume_group> -rc1 ${SLOT}

I published a howto in the veritas-bu sometime ago, cant find it
now.  If I find it, I will send it to you.

-ravi