Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Latest Veritas NBU Patch in Sun PKG Format

2001-05-31 16:52:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Latest Veritas NBU Patch in Sun PKG Format
From: charlieg AT babylon5.ic.sunysb DOT edu (Charlie Giannetto)
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 16:52:40 -0400 (EDT)
  We've been going back and forth with Sun support on the subject of
license keys for NB 3.4 since February and still haven't gotten things
straightened out.  First they sent us NB Datacenter for NT although we
never had a license for that, then finally they got us the Unix package
but still no licenses.  The biggest problem is that Sun support doesn't
seem to know what you need so they can't even request the proper licenses.
Then, even when you tell them exactly what you need, you get no response.
I think they're trying to come up with some way of determining just what
we are entitled under the new license scheme (per tape drive on the
servers) since our previous support contract only mentioned the single
robotics license.  I've even offered to amend our service contract if they
can tell me what needs to be changed but still no joy.

- Charlie
Charles J. Giannetto             E-mail: charlieg AT ic.sunysb DOT edu
Supervising Programmer/Analyst   Computing Center - Rm 129
Systems Support/DoIT             State University of NY at Stony Brook
Phone/Fax: (631) 632-1018/2233   Stony Brook, NY 11794-2400