Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Duplicating backups to standalone

2001-05-16 08:02:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Duplicating backups to standalone
From: David A. Chapa" <david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 05:02:40 -0700 (PDT)
Jason:

You need to create a storage unit for your standalone
drives.  The name (Ecrix-1) that you gave it is
configured in the Device Database (Media Manager),
Storage Units are a part of your NetBackup DBs.

David

Quoting "Jason Ahrens [ahrensj AT psi DOT ca]"
<AhrensJ AT psi DOT ca>:

> I have a situation where I need to to the following.
>
> I have a tape silo containing 9840 drives which
contain all the backups we
> do. It is attached to the media server. The name of
the silo is STKLIB1

> I have a stanadlone tape drive attached to the master
server. The tape
> drive
> name is Ecrix-1.
>
> I have a backup ID I wish to duplicate The ID is
> server1.internal_0989589415
>
> I have a tape in the standalone, which I have labled
with ID SRVBAK

> I tried the following to duplicate:
>
> bpduplicate -dstunit Ecrix-1 -backupid
server1.internal_0989589415 -L
> /tmp/out.log
>
> I get an error telling me that:
>
> 16:47:04 INF - cannot find storage unit Ecrix-1: no
entity was found (227)

> so obviously I'm doing something wrong. I know I can
duplicate within the
> silo, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it
from the silo to the
> standalone.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jason
> --
> Jason Ahrens
> Systems Administrator
> PSINet Limited
> http://www.psi.ca
> The Internet SuperCarrier

bu

David A. Chapa
Consulting Manager
DataStaff, Inc.
847 413 1144
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting