Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Duplicating backups to standalone

2001-05-15 16:58:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Duplicating backups to standalone
From: AhrensJ AT psi DOT ca (Jason Ahrens [ahrensj AT psi DOT ca])
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 16:58:48 -0400
I have a situation where I need to to the following.

I have a tape silo containing 9840 drives which contain all the backups we
do. It is attached to the media server. The name of the silo is STKLIB1

I have a stanadlone tape drive attached to the master server. The tape drive
name is Ecrix-1.

I have a backup ID I wish to duplicate The ID is server1.internal_0989589415

I have a tape in the standalone, which I have labled with ID SRVBAK

I tried the following to duplicate:

bpduplicate -dstunit Ecrix-1 -backupid server1.internal_0989589415 -L
/tmp/out.log

I get an error telling me that:

16:47:04 INF - cannot find storage unit Ecrix-1: no entity was found (227)

so obviously I'm doing something wrong. I know I can duplicate within the
silo, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it from the silo to the
standalone.

Thanks

Jason
--