Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bplist returning errors

2000-12-20 14:54:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bplist returning errors
From: fx [François-Xavier Peretmere] fx AT Veritas DOT com
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 20:54:06 +0100

 [ ... ]
> and wondered if anyone here could answer my questions. I am
> getting "socket read errors" when I try to use bpbackup/bplist from a client
> to the master server. I have used these utilities in the past to initiate
> manual backups and list files on the master servers.

 check network beetween client <-> master and client <-> media server.
use bpclntcmd command. any filtefing stuff (firewall, NAT...) ?

> What is the configuration parameter to bp.conf to backup the
> netbackup databsae nightly?? I want to make sure all the indexes and
> the databases associated with netbackup are getting backed up.

 NetBackup database backup configuration isn't stored in the bp.conf
file, but in the /usr/openv/netbackup/db/config/sync file. don't edit
this file but use the bpsyncinfo if you want to modify something there.

 to force a database backup, bpbackupdb.

 fx

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

--
      fx AT veritas DOT com      | With searching comes loss
François-Xavier Peretmere | And the presence of absence;