Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Setting up ACS robot under NBU v3.4

2000-10-06 08:31:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Setting up ACS robot under NBU v3.4
From: Andy Skates andyskates AT iname DOT com
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 13:31:22 +0100
Does anyone have any experience of setting up NBU v3.4 to
attach to an ACS robot.

Master - NT4 (SP6a)
NBU    - 3.4
Patch  - J0850482

I have 6 x STK9840 drives in an STK 9310 silo. The drives
and the NBU servers (1 x Master, 3 X Media) are attached to
a Fibre Channel switch.

NT can see all the drives okay.

I can run the ACSTEST utility from the Master Server, and move
media in and out of the drives. But I am unable to get any
info back from a Robot Inventory.

(Running UPDATE INVENTORY I get 'Volume configuration is up-to-date
with robot contents').

Can someone advise me on:

1. How to use the ACSTEST utility to setup the scratch.

2. What syntax the INVENTORY_FILTER entry in VM.CONF should be.

3. Why when I run 'drstat' (drive status) from ACSTEST I see all
   6 drives with nothing in, but when I run 'drstat 0,1,3,0' to scan
   a drive I know has a tape mounted, it shows the mounted tape.

4. Any other entries that are required in VM.CONF

An added piece of information is we have setup the 6 drives a
multihosted drives.

Thanks,

Andy Skates
Legal & General Assurance PLC