Networker

[Networker] Best way to configure a group to handle Oracle RMAN Full and INC backups..

2012-10-16 19:50:14
Subject: [Networker] Best way to configure a group to handle Oracle RMAN Full and INC backups..
From: joe lin <joelin1111 AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 16:49:29 -0700
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone on this list have any best practices in
configuring an Oracle RMAN backup to run INCs Mon-Sat and FULL on
Sun..

Right now I have two instances of the same client, one instance point
to the RMAN INC script, and one points to RMAN FULL script..

but if I use savegrp command kick the backup off, both will run..

Anyone know of a better way to configure this?     Ideally i would
like to avoid having two groups

Thanks,
-joe