Networker

Re: [Networker] Sybase Recovery shows Error:No Backup found , recovering fro

2012-03-03 15:36:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] Sybase Recovery shows Error:No Backup found , recovering fro
From: jee <jee AT ERESMAS DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 20:36:16 +0000
Hi Sritharan

It is possible that you are facing a known problem (but not particularly well
documented).

Apart from reviewing your configuration and the recovery procedure you will
need to install a fix.  At least to rule out the recovery bug.

If you are using NMS 3.0 RTM (powerlink version) or NMS 2.5 or ealrier then
you don't have the fix for the sybsase recovery bug (unless you have installed
it) and you need to upgrade to NMS 3.0 build 275.

I can't remember the number of the escalation. The bug was fixed in 2008 or
about that time. It happened in very rare occasions and was related to the
code that deals with leap years. Some browsable savesets were reported as not
found by nsrsybrc during recoveries.

Open a SR with EMC and request that build. If the EMC support person doesn't
know about that fix (I wouldd expect so), you will need to insist. A recovery
issue is a Sev1 case.

If the problem persists with build 275, then you must have also/instead a
problem with the recovery procedure on your DR server.

jee